But NOW I'm going to make it right and tell you the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
1. I've been writing stories since I was in high school. I've always wanted to be a writer.WRONG! I only started writing in my early 30s, when I became a stay-at-home mom for a few years. I read picture books to my three kids every night. At some point, I started thinking, "I bet I can write a book." And I did. I sat down with a notebook, and a story came pouring out of my pen. I've been writing ever since.
2. I've been a big fan of Pink Floyd since college.
WRONG! This could have been true, though. I did listen to some Floyd in my college years, but I wasn't a big fan. It's not until recently when a friend of mine introduced me to some of their more recent songs that I really got into it. What, it's never too late to become a Pink Floyd fan. They ARE good!! My favorite is Coming Back to Life, followed closely by Wish You Were Here and On the Turning Away.
3. I can't stand rap music.
RIGHT! I listened to many types of music throughout the years, ranging from soft rock to hard rock to smooth jazz. There are even a few country-ish songs I like, and one or two opera singers I listened to at some point in time. But rap? Never! Well... there is this one tithe rap song they played at church that I thought was very amusing, but other than that, no rap for me!
4. I hate cats, but I love dogs.
WRONG! I love both cats AND dogs. In fact, I own one of each. Tiger warms up my spot before bed, and Shadow makes a big fuss every time I come back home, even when I was gone for only five minutes. It's great to have pets who care. Well... I don't know if Tiger cares that much, but he does his share of affectionate purring when I rub him under the chin.
5. I grew up in a city.
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!! I grew up in the most rural area imaginable. Fields all around, the next neighbor a quarter mile away, dirt road. Rural. The village consisted of a school, a convenience store, a church, a covered bridge, and a bunch of houses, far apart from each other. Oh, and a gas station. I lived in a town until six and during my teen years, but I don't think a town of 35,000 population in the middle of nowhere can be called a city. I did go to college in Quebec City, though, but by then I was all grown up.
* Photo from www.panoramio.com.
6. I don't like being alone. I need company all the time.
WRONG! I enjoy having company, but I'm very happy to have some time alone. In fact, I wish I had more time alone so I could write more.
7. My dream is to some day be a celebrity.
WRONG! I never wanted to be a celebrity. I like my simple life, away from the crowds.
Whew! I'm glad I got it out of my chest. From now on, I shall tell the truth. : )
Charmaine is the only one who guessed it right. How did you know?? My sister also guessed it right, but she knows me too well, so that doesn't count. ;-)