Monday, January 5, 2015

MG Book Review: Jesper Jinx and the Sneezing Season, by Marko Kitti

(Book #2 in the Jesper Jinx series)

General Information
Publisher: self-published
Year of publication: 2014
# of chapters: 6
# of pages: (e-book)
Genre: Contemporary
Website: www.jesperjinx.co.uk


Plot summary (from Amazon):
Jesper Jinx is eleven, and probably the unluckiest person in all of Puffington Hill. Everything he touches seems to end up in sweet disaster. Hence his nickname 'Jinx'.

It's Spring time in Puffington Hill, and the most unforgettable Sneezing Season ever for Jesper! In this book, packed full of new wonderfully wicked adventures, you're going to get to know Chloe, Jesper's long time future-girlfriend, and meet a Purple Buzzard from the tropical island of Buzzupurplu. Also, there's Rosie, the grinning Squirrel with an attitude and the infamous Diary Wars.


Positive Points
I enjoyed reading book one, and I was delighted when the author sent me book two to review. I noticed some of the negative points I had mentioned in the first book are not present in this second book. I love seeing authors improving their writing skills with each book they write. Now I'm looking forward to book three!

I love the characters and the humor in this short, easy-to-read book. I believe it would appeal to kids 8-12 years old who are too old for picture books but not quite ready for full-length MG novels yet.

The illustrations are very cool and complement the story perfectly. 

Negative Points
I found a few mistakes, not many, but I wish this book could be traditionally published. Just a little more editing would make this book perfect.

What makes this book unique
This book is a collection of loosely connected short stories, all with the same main character. Easy to read and humorous, Love it!

Overall Impression
I believe it would appeal to reluctant readers in particular, or anyone who likes a light, short read.

My Rating:

Thinking of purchasing this book? I'll make it easy for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment