A little while ago, Jack Flacco tagged me with the 11 Questions meme. I finally found the time to do it!
Jack is a fellow writer I met on twitter. You really should visit his blog and say hello. He's very friendly and encouraging, and he doesn't bite. I think.
This is how it works:
1. Write eleven random things about yourself.
2. Answer the eleven questions given.
3. Write eleven new questions.
4. Tag someone else.
11 Random Things About Myself
1. I hardly ever watch TV. I much prefer a good book, or some writing time.
2. I was born in a small town in Quebec called Val-d'Or (Valley of Gold).
3. My dad used to work in a gold mine.
4. I love thunderstorms.
5. Quebec City is my favorite place in the world.
6. I love long car trips. A little more challenging now with three kids and a dog, but still.
7. I visited Paris, China, and Korea.
8. Did I mention I love travelling?
9. I studied computer programming in college, but I never worked in that field.
10. I own a Schipperke, a cute little dog with no tail.
11. I believe in miracles.
11 Questions If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
That's easy. I would go to England to visit Kurt Chambers, author of the Truth Teller series. Kurt and I are co-moderators of the critique group online we both belong to. He's been my mentor and friend for over two years. I would love to meet him and his family, and to finally learn how to make proper Yorkshire puddings.
If your life were made into a movie, who would you cast as yourself?
Someone once told me I looked like Sally Field. Haha!! Not sure if I really do, but I'd probably choose her, just because she was so cool as a flying nun.
What's the best place and meal you've ever eaten?
I would say a Korean restaurant in New York City, when I first came to the U.S. I don't remember the name, but I remember the amazing meal we had there. I absolutely love bulgogi!
Where do you prefer to go if you want to just be alone and think?
I go to the mountain near where I live. It's very peaceful there, and I always seem to find inspiration and answers to my questions whenever I go there to pray or just to sort out my thoughts. This is also where my first novel was born, so it's very special to me. I wrote the first few paragraphs sitting in a gazebo facing a small lake. Some of the settings in that book were inspired by that place.
What are your most and least favorite pizza toppings?
Favorite: Pineapple (unlike Jack, who apparently chose it as his least favorite topping). Least favorite: Anchovies.
How do you calendar? Paper, phone, whiteboard, etc?
I use a planner I carry with me at all times, and MS Outlook for work appointments and reminders.
What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A Russian tea cake my co-worker bought from the bakery near where we work.
If you were given a million dollars [tax exempt], what would you do first?
I would make my wish come true (see next question).
What is something you wish for every day?
Can't tell or it won't come true! ;) I'm such a teaser, I know.
What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Name one thing you love about yourself, physically or otherwise?
Everything! I'm so awesome. :D Okay, just one thing? Um... my humility.
11 New Questions
1. How did you get your ideas for your most recent book?
2. What makes your books different from others in your genre?
3. What is your biggest challenge as a writer?
4. What other hobbies or occupations do you have besides writing?
5. What's your favorite book in the genre that you write?
6. What's your favorite quote or expression?
7. Are you a listener or a talker?
8. Name one thing you couldn't live without.
9. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
10. If you were an animal, what would it be?
11. Name three adjectives that best describe you.
Tag Someone Else
I don't have to tag 11 people, do I? I might do that anyway, just for fun.