Sunday, December 18, 2011
I've exceeded my goal by reading twice as many books as I had planned! That's a great feeling. I wish I could say the same thing about my goal to post on my blog once a week. *ahem* Enough said.
Follow the links to find out more about each book or series, a link to the author's website, and my review of each book. More reviews coming in 2012!
1-13 A Series of Unfortunate Events, by Lemony Snicket (13 books)
14-16 Toad Rage, by Morris Gleitzman (3 books)
17-21 The Spiderwick Chronicles, by Toni DiTerlizzi and Holly Black (5 books)
22-24 The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart (3 books)
25-26 39 Clues, by various authors (2 books out of 11)
27 The Fairy Tale Detective, by Michael Buckley (Sisters Grimm Series,1 book out of 7)
Stand Alone Books
28. James and the Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl
29. How to Train your Dragon, by Cressida Cowell
30. Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson
31. When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead
32. Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech
33. Skellig, by David Almond
34. Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli
35. The Cay, by Theodore Taylor
36. Slob, by Ellen Potter
37. The Magic Thief, by Sarah Prineas
38. Princess Academy, by Shannon Hale
39. Saltwater Taffy, by Eric Delabarre
40. Truth Teller, by Kurt Chambers (soon to be published!!)
My favorites? Hmm... Hard to tell!
I really loved Slob, by Ellen Potter, Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli, and of course, Truth Teller, by my dear friend Kurt Chambers, which you will all be able to read after its release date, January 25th, 2012. So excited!! Kurt has been one of my critique partners for the last two years, and has helped me tremendously with my own book. I'm so happy that his book is getting published. I have read and reviewed every chapter, and I'm now doing a final read through. I have to say, this book is very special to me. But enough about that for now. I'll review this book as part of Kurt's blog tour, in an upcoming post. Stay tuned!